This mod offers a new array of weapons which will fill the holes left by the vanilla level coverage with their three grades of quality : Ichi, Ni and San existing respectively as fillers in level 45, 65 and 85. Each one of these have brand new textures. These weapons are only available for purchase from a merchant you must seek in the north Fishing village. I worked only with vanilla meshes and using the same kind of color tones the game has, so, more beautiful but still never afoot.
Please read the last section first, thousands of subscribers already ... but only a few took the time to like my page. Most mods are free but please don't forget to cheer your mod creators so they don't fade away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ MOD CONTENT ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Having multiple manufacturer names allows me to split textures among different kind of weapons to make appear greater details on them. Don't pay too much attention to these names as they do not directly influence weapons stats, for that matter, only the Ichi, ni and san do.
- Adds new manufacturer with three levels of weapon quality grade.
- Vanilla weapons not covered : Horse Chopper, Ringed Sabre, Flesh Cleaver, Holed Sabre, Iron Club, Iron Stick, Mercenary Club, Moon Cleaver, Paladin's Cross, Spiked Club, Staff, Short Cleaver.
- Different Base texture applied for each group of weapon gathered under manufacturer name (Ren, Hikari, Kaito, Genkei).
- Different Main texture theme for each grade of quality (Ichi, Ni, San).
- Alternate Tsuka color (leather handle) available in mod folder for each quality grade.
- New Lore Friendly Character named Hanjiro which replaces the Deadcat Fishing Shop owner in the North Fishing Village. Listen to his story so he allows you to buy these weapons. Refresh time is fixed to 48hr with limited quantity : only 5 weapons per refresh. Ni quality is rarer than Ichi, San is the rarest of all. (Can be changed later)
- Hanjiro has a specific dialogue package and introduction.
- Vanilla Long Cleaver size has been restored to something close to what the studio had planned in the first place (See screenshot for infos). This is not debatable.
Asamarume Ichi : Lvl 45+ (lvl 45 + 1.1blunt/1.1cut/1.2weight) Price rate same as Cross (but you will pay less as it's not lvl 100).
Asamarume Ni : Lvl 65+ (lvl 65 + 1.1blunt/1.1cut/1.2weight) Price rate same as Cross (but you will pay less as it's not lvl 100).
Asamarume San : lvl 85+ (lvl 85 + 1.1blunt/1.1cut/1.2weight) Price rate same as Cross (but you will pay less as it's not lvl 100).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ COMPATIBILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It should be compatible with other mods that don't edit the same base texture than me ofc. Needs a new game or at least a new full import.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FREQUENTLY ASKED ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Some kind of melee weapons are not covered, why ? You can ask Hanjiro about this, but i will answer with something else. These were either texture big issues with vanilla meshes, or either this was dull and not fitting my lore where these weapons were supposed to be pieces of art (excluding the idea of an iron stick or flesh cleaver)
- Why can't you make them craftable for us ? These weapons texture are really sharp and personalized depending of the weapon shape. Especially with steel temper lines and traditional handles. Sadly for us, the "homemade" code section deprive us to discernate any weapon kind, they are all in one big melee weapon container so one same texture is applied for everything. It's cool when you have a simple generic texture like vanilla, but it gets real messy when you land some more complexe stuff. Be assured that i am wayy more frustrated than you are, i could not do everything i wanted because of this, and allowing player to craft these was initially planed.
- Why traditional cross silk handle is not on all weapons ? It went really wrong on most of round/thin handles, and it's not even realistic. Some texture also glitch.
- Why can't we put leather/silk on spear handle ? Because these idiots thought it was a good idea to take texture from the blade and use it to make the shaft.
- Can i make a patch for this mod ? If you want to tweak spawn rate, make them easier to get, cover another language, alter stats : fine. But if you want to try to apply my work on other vanilla weapons or other models, implement their crafting without my permission : NO ! (We have a bro code among mod creators ffs). Please stop desire more, you have already nice new things to enjoy here and for free