- Reworked Settings: Settings have been moved to the sandbox options for better settings management between saves and for server's to change these settings. See more in the settings discussion thread for more info regarding changing settings and how updating works.
This is an updated/rewritten version of Night Sprinters for builds 41.60+ with a couple new features. Other than that, it's the same night sprinters we all love.
Couple warnings though:. If you run into any bugs or glitches pls give me any relevant information and I'll look into it. One thing that I know won't work too well is using zombie active during day/night lore option. Currently there is a janky fix that I have to use that will occasionally break it.
- New customization options: Through mod options, you can now choose the zombie speed for both night and day, what you consider to be night and day for each season, the classic rain sprinters, and whether you want these options to be permenant.
- Optimization: The previous mod had some issues with performance that might have shown up on lower end machines. This mod is much more optimized/simplified and should run with minimal performance loss.
Not compatible with:
- Customizable zombies: Due to how both mods work, one will take control over the zombies speed and overwrite the other. Works with their other settings however.
IF YOU ARE USING THIS FOR MULTIPLAYER, PLEASE READ:
- Server zombie speed issues: On dedicated servers, zombies just outside the player's load area will have the wrong speed type when the speed type changes. This occurs with all zombie speed types and will happen approximately 100 tiles from the players and may extent another 50 tiles. Zombies outside this range should have the correct speed type. More information below.(fixed as of 12/29/2021)
Multiplayer should be working. Key word should. I believe I have fixed the problem with zombies not having the correct speed type, but I can't be 100% certain.
Potential Future Features:
- More options: Covering mostly different zombie senses and the sort. Need to look into this more.
- Keeping the mod updated: I'll try my best to keep this mod up to date through all of project zomboids to the best of my abilities.
- Gobolti: For making the first version of the mod and for some of the code.
- ATPHHe(Dev of customizable zombie): For helping out with the dedicated server issue.
- Xephrax and Xepho(Devs of Xeph Zombie Modifications): Solution to the out of sync zombies thing.
Workshop ID: 2683677702
Mod ID: NightSprinters[41.60+]