Romance On The Rim
Romance relationship in vanilla is pretty barren, nothing more than lovin', marriage, or breakup. The goal of this mod is to make vanilla romance more lively and flavorful. It adds a new "Romance" need and several romantic interactions, thoughts, and precepts.
1. New need
Pawns who have lovers will feel good or bad based on its level; they can get it through romantic interactions.
2. New "interactions"
- Pillow talk, lovers will stay in their bed for a while chit-chatting.
- Get joy together; they will use the same form of recreation. It's nice to see them playing poker or billiards together, right? This also support modded joy activities,
- (Royalty) Play an instrument for their lover.
- Skygaze together.
3. New Thoughts
- Longing: after lovers separate (not on the same map) for a while, this concern will aggravate then alleviate over time.
- Estranged: if they separate for a long time. It will decrease their social opinion over time.
- Reunion: if they separate for a while and meet again
- Worry: when one's lover is sick.
4. Precepts (Ideology)
This mod adds four precepts that allow you to take more control over romance in your colony: Cheating, Romance attempt, Breakup, and Marriage proposal. Generally, there're four options: Arranged (those four kinds of interactions will not triggered naturally, you can only execute it manually with right click), Forbidden (simply set its prob to 0), Discouraged (halve its chance), and Encouraged (double its chance). What's your view of love? Would you like nobody in your colony will marry or breakup? An Utopia where no one will cheat others?
- Lovers will try to have the same daily routine, when their lover is going to the bed, they will try to do so.
- You can manually start a marriage for couples in the marriage spot, without waiting for the annoying RNG.
Apart from immersion, I also want to add some romantic-story elements or story lines to the game, mainly through the quest system. Planned quests involve things like forbidden love, elopement, faction diplomatic marriage, honeymoon trips, and so forth. I will fix bugs in the current build and take a rest before jumping into that rabbit hole. If you have some cool ideas or stories you want to see in the game, don't hesitate to let me know.
1. Is it safe to add or remove to an ongoing save?
A: I think it's fine to add it, but removing this mod would be risky. Backup your save before doing that.
2. Is it compatible with other romance mod, like Rational Romance, Psychology or Vanilla Social Expanded?
A: Yes I think so, though some overlapping features might not take effect. Actually I don't know the exact answer, it's untested. You can leave me a message whether they're compatible or not. If you encounter any compatible issues, submit it in the bug report and I will try to fix them ASAP.
3. Can I disable some features I don't want in this mod?
A: Yes, in mod settings you can disable need & interactions or thoughts.
Modding is my hobby, I don't need any donation for this. If you like my mod, just rate it to support me. ^^