The core files for the Giddy-up! series. Does not add anything on its own but the other mods in the series depend on it
. The purpose of this series is to add mounting in as many aspects of the game as possible. Each mod released in the series will focus on one major aspect.
Support for any animal, modded or not!
Any animal can be used as mount, even modded animals, and no patches are needed
. By default, small animals are disabled. There is one thing to take into account when adding modded animals. Pawns are by default drawn on top of- and in front of the animal. However, sometimes it looks nicer when pawns are drawn behind the animal (most of the times this is when the animal has a long neck or when it has horns). The drawing priority can be configured for each animal in the mod options. For vanilla animals these settings are already configured, but for modded animals you may need to change the drawing priority for some animals in order to make it look nice.
Why a separate core file?
This will allow me to gradually release new mods that involve mounting, without having to publish and maintain duplicate code that handles mounting for each release. I could have chosen for one big mod instead, but I like to give people the choice of what they want to install. Moreover, this simplifies testing for me, and enables other developers to use my code in their mods.
1.3 update notes
- Compatibility with the new pen mechanic.
- Fixed issue of not loading the mounted state properly when reloading the game
- Giddy-up Ride and Roll: Improved auto mount mechanic. Decision whether the auto-mount or not should be better now.
- Giddy-up Caravan: Changed how caravan speed is modified. The vanilla mechanic is used instead. You can still configure which animals
are ridden by which pawns, so they ride them when leaving/arriving. But this is not mandatory.
- Giddy-up Caravan: Changed what animals can be ridden in vanilla so that it matches what you configured in Giddy-up.
- When using the newest version of Facial stuff, pawns are always drawn behind animals which doesn't look very nice. Using the legacy version instead will fix the problem.
- If you are using this with Vanilla Animal Overhaul, make sure Vanilla Animal Overhaul loads before Giddy-up! does.
- If you use this with the Wild Animal Sex mod, wild animals are also "interested" in the animals your pawns are riding.
- In case you are using this with mods that add really slow animals, make sure these animals are disabled in the mod settings if you don't want visitors or raiders to use them.
- Asides from these minor issues, other mods should be compatible with Giddy-up!. Please report if you find any other problems.
Other mods in the series
- Giddy-up! Battle Mounts
- Giddy-up! Caravan
- Giddy-up! Ride and Roll
- Gidd-up! Mechanoids
Changelogs, manual downloads and older versions of all mods in the Giddy-up seriesGiddy-up! Core[github.com]Giddy-up! Battle Mounts[github.com]Giddy-up! Caravan[github.com]Giddy-up! Ride and Roll[github.com]Giddy-up! Mechanoids[github.com]
- Japanese (by Proxyer)
- Simplified Chinese (by LingLuo)
- Traditional Chinese (by Biscuit)
- Korean (by LazyDog)
- French (by kaptain_kavern)
- Spanish (by Sam and mora145)
- Russian (by Garr Incorporated)
- German (by RoffeIchen)
- Polish (by Lano)
If animal names are still appearing in English in the mod settings after switching to another language, this can be fixed by changing anything (doesn't matter what) in the mod settings and closing the mod settings. If you then re-open the settings, the right translations should appear.
Mod series pagehttps://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37323.0
Notes for other modders
While modded animals are compatible by default, there are various patching possibilities to further improve how your mod works with Giddy-up. These possibilities include: configuring default mod settings for the modded animals, configuring what animals certain factions can use, setting custom drawing offsets for pawns riding animals, and allowing animals with life stages other than the final life stage to be mounted. Instructions on how to patch Giddy-up! are on the GitHub page of Giddy-up! Core[github.com]
- Sargbjornson for helping out massively with the v1.1 updates.
- Pardeike a.k.a. Brrainz for creating Harmony on which this mod relies so much.
- UnlimitedHugs for creating Hugslib, and saving me a lot of time.
- The translators for making this mod accessible for a larger audience and doing a great job.
- Anyone else providing feedback and support!
- Translations are very welcome. You can make a pull request on github if you want to add in translations, or you can contact me by sending a friend request.
- If you developed a mod adding animals, you can contact me so we can make a patch that ensures that the default mod options (forbidding animals and setting drawing priorities) are configured well for your mod.
Feel free to add this mod to modpacks or to use the code or icons for other projects. Do however not release exact copies of my project, or exact copies with minor adjustments without my consent.
No longer active as modder.
I'm currently no longer active as modder because I'm working on my own game now. I do intend to keep my mods alive, but won't add any new content.
The game I'm working on right now (with Oskar Potocki) is called Cursed Crew.
Cursed crew is a roguelike crew management game taking place on a 17th century ship in a fantasy setting. You control a captain that needs to keep the ship’s crew alive in a harsh world with environmental hazards, pirates, stowaways, sea monsters and more. More info can be found on the Discord server of our game: [discord.gg]
You can also check out the Patreon page[www.patreon.com]
of Cursed Crew if you'd like to know more, or if you'd like to support us.
If you really like my mods, please consider buying me a coffee, it would make my day :)[ko-fi.com]