Phoenix is based around a typical "science park", in which main roads play host to stores, garages and occasional houses, while side streets are clustered with large offices, storage blocks and educational establishments.
My main idea with Phoenix was to diversify the gameplay of PZ to take away from the "run and raid" of Muldraugh and explore the new concept of high-risk, high-reward gameplay. Each area within Phoenix is planned to have at least one high-risk location which pushes the following:
Crucifix-design (a main road with intense-resources, and quieter outskirts)
Minimal escape routes
Large concentrations of zombies
Poor loot in easily-accessible areas
High-reward loot in upper floors and locked rooms
As their time in Phoenix develops, players will hopefully feel urged by desperation to attempt entry to these high-risk locations, and will undoubtedly require all of their skills to persevere through.
"Nothing short of a through-route, Phoenix is a science park attached along a major roadway, offering convenient access to local industries, education centres, and St. Domingo, the region's Hospital. For many, Phoenix is a mere place to pass through, but for office workers, merchants, students and more, Phoenix is a place of business."
Alpha 1.1 "Long Road Ahead" Edition
- Major update to entire map, extending from 3x3 cells, to 3x5 cells.
- Quarantine zone extended and populated with gunstore, toolstore, newsagents, police station, hairdressers, clothes stores and several apartment buildings.
- Water treatment facility added to north-west.
- Room definitions throughout have been fixed, but more are continuing to cause issues.
- Spawn points have been reset.
- Fuel has been added to mechanics and petrol stations.
- Logging company added to industrial sector.
- Balcony of death has been removed from warehouse.
- Several visual glitches removed.
- Zombie spawn map adapted to make particular areas extremely high-risk. No spoilers here - you'll find them.
Please note that images above are presented in-process, and will change over the course of the map's development. Phoenix will be periodically updated and will eventually be integrated into the base map. At present, Phoenix is a standalone map only.
Thanks and credit:
ManBearPig - For his First Look video and publicity
Seiben - For his exceptional help in finding bugs
Seiben & 956Texas - For their concept of the Military Tents
NeutralNZ1 - For the concept of the Quarantine Checkpoint and the Office Building
Blindcoder – For his excellent work on the PZ Map Override - http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=Phoenix_1dot1L0
Workshop ID: 514427485
Mod ID: Mod_Phoenix
Map Folder: Phoenix