Reuse Pods - finally build the satellite colonies of your dreams without pouring endless steel and components into pod construction!
Reuse Pods is a simple mod that adds the pod funnel. This spacer-tech building will automatically scoop up inbound pods and try to soft land them on vacant pod launchers nearby, enabling their indefinite reuse.
- A pod funnel costs 50 plasteel, 10 uranium and 2 advanced components to build. A level 8 constructor is also required, and you'll probably want to build at least two of them.
- The option to build a funnel is unlocked once you've researched Fabrication, Shield Belts and Transport Pods.
- Funnels only have a range of 20 tiles. Pod launchers outside this radius won't be considered for a soft landing target.
- If there are more inbound pods than vacant launchers, the excess will hard land in the spot you originally designated and be destroyed as per usual.
- Pod funnels are self-powered by a shielded uranium energy cell - they'll still work during flares.
- Only your pods are affected. Enemy, neutral and allied pods behave as normal.
- Reuse Pods is compatible with:
- Github link for non-Steam players is here.[github.com]
- Reuse Pods should be safe to add to an existing save. You can also remove it mid-save, but deconstruct any pod funnels first.
- Don't hesitate to leave a comment if you run into a bug, but PLEASE include any relevant information from the debug log if you do so. Especially if said bug entails your podding colonists being eaten by the Void-Between-Methods and never arriving at their destination.
- If you enjoy Reuse Pods, be sure to give it a favorite and a thumbs-up so the Workshop algorithm gives it some time in the limelight!