This mod allows you to play full games of Rimworld cooperatively with your friends.
Rimworld Multiplayer is an open-source, community driven mod to implement multiplayer into RimWorld.
If you are experiencing any issues with the mod please ask for help on our Discord server.[discord.gg]
This is also where we accept mod compatiblity reports. We don't provide support from the workshop page, and is why we've removed the comments section.
- Play with as many players as you want to! (We recommend a max of 8 though)
- Integrated with the Steam API, so no portforwarding is needed.
- Can auto sync config files, download enabled workshop mods between the host and players. (Only via steam)
- Compatable with Royalty, Ideology and 98% of all vanilla features except for colony naming, certain quests, and a few dev tools.
- Supports multi-colony setups. You can enable async time which makes each colony run their time separately.
- You can connect through either LAN, Steam, or direct connect (Latter requires you to portforward or use a vpn)
- Mod support. (Not all mods will work in multiplayer. Please read the "Using mods in multiplayer" if you plan on using them)
- Mod support status is shown directly in the ingame mod menu.
- API so you can easily add support for the multiplayer mod. You can read more about it here: API documentation.[hackmd.io]
View the FAQ on our Discord[discord.gg]
or official website.[rimworldmultiplayer.com]
The FAQ contains useful information that is necessary if you're planning on using mods in Multiplayer or have issues with your game that need resolving.
You can check mod compatibility
status with Rimworld Multiplayer on our modlist spreadsheet[docs.google.com]
or in-game via the modlist. Zetrith (Creator, Core Dev, Support) [ko-fi.com] NotFood (Core Dev, Mod Compatiblity) [ko-fi.com] Sokyran (Core Dev, Mod Compatiblity) [ko-fi.com] Luz (Support/Admin) [ko-fi.com] Mistress Mia (Support/Admin) [ko-fi.com] Thomas107500 (Dev, Mod Compatiblity) [ko-fi.com] Nebual (Dev) [ko-fi.com] Swept (Support, Dev, Admin, Website) [ko-fi.com]Discord server[discord.gg]Website[rimworldmultiplayer.com]Modlist spreadsheet[docs.google.com]
Contains a list of all mods compatible with the multiplayer mod.Github[github.com]Multiplayer Mod wiki[hackmd.io]Multiplayer Compatibility Mod