Inspired by the mod Realistic Darkness, this mod varies the level of darkness each night.
The night’s illumination gradually shifts night by night. Some notable nights include:
- New moon: The darkest nights will be at the start of each season, on the 1st. Users of Realistic Darkness will be familiar with this level of darkness.
- Full Moon: On the 8th and 9th, the nights will resemble ordinary vanilla darkness.
- Crescent Moons: A couple days apart from the new moon, the darkness levels will resemble about what you’d see with Realistic Darkness Lite.
This is just a graphical mod and does not touch the gameplay mechanics in any way. It can be added or removed from games at any time no problem.
It has no notable performance impact. All it does is run a few numbers to edit the weather defs’ illumination configuration once per day.
- This is a pure code mod and works with any and all mods that add new weather defs.
- Save our Ship 2’s special outer space weather has been excluded from being touched.
- Not exactly compatible with Realistic Darkness, as the two mods’ darkening effects will be additive and create super-dark nights.