Soul Filcher and I have teamed up to help make modded clothing integration as seamless as possible.
While working together, he came up with a pretty brilliant solution to an issue that I’ve had for awhile. You know how the mod renames everything to stuff like «TShirt — Fossoil»? Well we don’t have to do that anymore because Soul Filcher is the man.
If you or anyone you know is the author of a clothing mod, please check out the readme files in the mod folder for more information on how Fashion Montage compatibility can work for you.
If you are using a mod that adds new clothing items, there is a good chance that the error is originating from that other mod.
Fashion Montage loads up all clothing assets at once, so if there are any bugs anywhere they will trigger.
The error messages will come from Fashion Montage, regardless of which mod is actually bugged.
Please try disabling the other clothing mods. If you find the conflict, let me and the other mod author know that there is an issue.
I have created a framework to make it easy for modders to add new clothing to the dropdowns. Please encourage clothing modders to make their items compatible with Fashion Montage!
Now you can try on all the clothes you want at character gen, so spin up that Sixpence None the Richer album and prepare to get fabulous this armageddon. Flak armor and riot gear are so hot right now.
Pretty straightforward, this mod simply adds every vanilla clothing item to the selection screen at the start of the game, including backpacks! Great for breathing a little bit more personality and backstory into your character.
It can also add clothing from other mods, but it’s up to those modders to add compatibility.
If those mods asked you to modify FileGuidTable.xml, make sure to keep it up to date with the one listed on the mods’ pages.
Modders: This is fairly easy to do; check the lua/client/Definitions folder for a template file.
- This is for the beta branch (IWBUMS version 41.47)
- Compatible with all other mods, with one exception: Mods that add clothing items can cause issues if they are not kept up to date with the latest version of Project Zomboid. Make sure that the other mod is actively maintained, and make all necessary changes to FileGuidTable.xml that the other mod tells you to do.
- If you are using a mod that adds clothing items, that mod might be the source of the problem. All error messages will come Fashion Montage even if they are being caused by another clothing mod
- Check to make sure you are playing version 41. If you are not sure, then you probably aren’t.
- If it still does not work, please post your modlist in the bugs discussion page.