Note: this is low framerate so that the GIF loads fast!
- Lakes can now freeze when it is sufficiently cold out!
- Water and ice depth tracking system, as water freezes it turns to ice, and as ice melts it turns to water.
- Relatively realistic thermodynamic simulation yet still very fast!
- Thicker ice melts slower than thinner ice, deeper water takes longer to start freezing than shallow water and lake depth is estimated based on distance from land.
- Dig up ice, more ice is given if the cell has more ice in it, but it takes longer!
- When you dig out ice, it leaves behind any water that wasn't frozen underneath (if any), allowing you to fish if you have a mod that allows it.
- Use the ice to cool rooms! Tribal freezers! Solar flare backup cooling!
- Natural lakes refill in the spring if their ice is removed. Artificial lakes do not (if you have the means to make them)!
- Ice skating recreation type.
- Use ice as a material for sculptures that can cool rooms and melt away depending on where you keep it (with Soil Relocation Framework).
- Rivers can freeze, too!
- Oceans can freeze, even, if it gets cold enough!
Q: Can this be added to an existing save?
A: Yes! Any existing water on the map will be considered "natural", though, even if it didn't generate with the map.
Q: Can this be safely removed from a save?
A: If no ice from this mod is present, yes - no promises otherwise!
- Designed to work with Soil Relocation Framework
- Proxy Heat: Should work just fine, designed with this in mind.
- Celsius: Disable their freezing/melting system or they will conflict, should work just fine otherwise.
water freeze ice lake river ocean salt fresh thermodynamic simulation depth thickness dig gather freezer refrigerator