This mod expands on the Moodle functions to provide a more realistic challenge to wound infections, colds/flus, and mood management. (does not effect zombie infection)
Wound infections actually need to be maintained. Any wound left unbandaged is prone to infection, even if the player cures the wound's infection then unbandages it before it fully heals. If the wound isn't dressed properly it will get infected. An infected wound will make you sick, eventually giving you a fever. A fever will either kill you or get you killed if you do not treat it properly.
Stress and Boredom now effect Morale and Sanity in a more relevant way. If your Morale drops too low then your character won't want to go on... Morale can be raised naturally by managing stress and boredom. Sanity, however, is a permanent stat for a character. You character will start to behave oddly as their Sanity drops. Once Sanity runs out, your character will be insane. An insane character is prone to insane behavior like talking to themselves, hearing whispers that aren't there, and even inflicting self-harm.
Catching a cold/flu is more dangerous now. If you let a cold/flu get too bad it will drain your endurance and make you fatigued. A late stage cold/flu will also trigger a fever.
HOW DEADLY INFECTION WORKS:
- Whenever a player character is wounded and that wound becomes infected (not zombie infected) they will begin stacking sickness.
- If a player character is wearing a dirty bandage on a wound that has not finished healing then that wound will take longer to heal.
- If a player character is wearing a dirty bandage on a wound that has not finished healing and the character is recovering from an infection sickness then the sickness will heal slower.
- If a player character is wearing a dirty bandage on a wound that has not finished healing then there is a chance that wound will become infected (not zombie infected).
- Any single wound can only become infected once. This is a result of the game's base code and not an effect of the mod itself. (Note: when a wounded body part like an arm or leg recieves another wound on top of the previous wound, the game's base code will write the newest wound over the older wound. That newer wound can get infected even if the older wound was treated.)
- Remember that bandage lifespans and effectiveness are better with higher levels of First Aid. With this mod, medic type characters are even more worthwhile.
- Remember that Disinfectant and Alcohol Wipes and the like can disinfect a single wound while eating Antibiotics will disinfect all bodily wounds together at one time.
HOW SANITY WORKS:
- Whenever a player character is in a state of medium to high Stress and Boredom they will begin to lose Sanity.
- When the character's Sanity stat is lower than 75% they will begin muttering to themselves from time to time.
- When the character's Sanity stat is lower than 50% they will begin muttering to themselves and hearing things that aren't there from time to time.
- When the character's Sanity stat drops below 15% they will begin muttering to themselves, hearing voices, arguing loudly with themselves (this generates sound that can attract zombies), and hearing things that aren't there like footsteps or zombie groans or doors opening and closing.
- The sounds an insane player character will hear depends on whether the character is inside or outside.
- Player characters do not hear sounds while they are asleep.
- Player characters do not lose sanity while they are asleep.
- When a character that has gone insane starts laughing uncontrollably or arguing with themselves loudly or screaming for the voices to stop they will generate noise that can be heard by nearby zombies.
- If the player character is not bored or stressed and as long as there is no Unhappiness moodle present a player character will slowly regenerate Sanity.
***As of v1.1 you will find a "Moodle Keychain" in your inventory. It can be used to toggle options for this mod. It was made as a key item for immersion purposes. Stick it on your key ring when you are not using it.
***With v 1.2 Danger Moodles now works with Build 40 and Build 41.
If you like what I do and want to show your support then consider checking out the Early Access of my 90's style indie JRPG "Neverspring Chronicles" here on Steam. I would be eternally greatful and could use the confidence boost!https://store.steampowered.com/app/1747220/Neverspring_Chronicles/
Workshop ID: 2676526057
Mod ID: DangerMoodles