Foxy's Armory adds the advanced charge weaponry of The Eccentric's Angels to Rimworld! Foxy's Armory has been overhauled for Rimworld 1.3; for Rimworld 1.0-1.2, you can find the legacy version here
Updated for Rimworld 1.3
Foxy's job is never done!New Mounted Weapons:
- P17 Sentry Gun - Utilizing a P17 charge SMG modified to fit an automatic targeting and fire control unit, this sentry gun has limited ammunition capacity but is lightweight and does not require external power, allowing it to be used in the field to defend flanks or cover a retreat.
- L32 Machine Gun - The L32 medium charge machine gun is a mounted defensive emplacement that fires high-caliber charged rounds. It requires a hefty supply of ammunition and must be manned in order to be used, but can quickly tear apart incoming attackers.
- ACGL3 Automatic Grenade Launcher - A heavier variant of the CGL1, this belt-fed charge grenade launcher is accurate, powerful, and capable of laying down a frightening amount of explosive firepower on incoming raiders. For some reason, no one wants to hand fire control of an automatic grenade launcher over to an AI, so it must be manned in order to be used.
This mod adds the following research and craftable weapons:Research
- Eccentric Charged Shot (prereq: Charged Shot, High-Density Hex-Cells)
- Miniaturized Charged Shot (prereq: Charged Shot, High-Density Hex-Cells)
- Charged Launchers (prereq: Eccentric Charged Shot, Basic Launchers with CE)
- E15 Charge Rifle - A slightly heavier but more accurate modification of the classic R-15 charge rifle.
- E9C Charge Carbine - A short-barreled variant of the E15 that trades accuracy and range for faster draw speed and lighter weight.
- E16 Precision Charge Rifle - A long-ranged and powerful but heavy and slow-firing charge rifle that fills the designated marksman/sniper role.
- E18 Designated Marksman Rifle - Longer ranged than the E15 but faster-firing than the E16, the E18 DMR bridges the gap between the two and provides effective fire support for Eccentric staff fighting over open ground.
- L20C Charge Light Machine Gun - A heavy, belt-fed squad support weapon with a high rate of fire.
- CGL1 Charged Grenade Launcher - Utilizing technology derived from the same electrothermal ignition plasma charges that Eccentric charge rifles operate on, the CGL1 automatic grenade launcher fires powerful rounds with tandem conventional and plasma warheads.
- CAW5 Charged Assault Weapon - The CAW5 is a single-use disposable launcher that fires a single powerful plasma-charged rocket that is longer ranged, more accurate, and more powerful than conventional explosive rocket launchers, but has a smaller blast radius and is far more expensive to produce.
- P12 Charge Personal Defense Weapon - An ultra-compact submachine gun firing a miniaturized charge round. It is short-ranged and lightweight, but capable of automatic fire.
- S8 Charge Pistol - A service pistol that fires miniaturized charge rounds, it provides more power and accuracy than a standard autopistol.
- M3 Rosethorn - Sleek and deadly, this silver-inlaid plasteel blade is the standard-issue combat and utility knife of the Eccentric's Angels.
Combat Extended is a mod that completely overhauls and changes the way firearms, melee, and injuries are simulated by Rimworld. I highly recommend it if you prefer a more brutal and realistic Rimworld experience! Foxy's Armory is natively compatible
with Combat Extended (including the 1.3 preview version) and will self-patch so long as it is loaded after CE!
Combat Extended adds more depth to the included weapons:
- E15 Charge Rifle - Very slightly heavier and bulkier than the R-15, but has higher sight efficiency.
- E9C Charge Carbine - Slightly shorter range, but lighter, less bulky, and faster to aim than the R-15.
- E16 Precision Charge Rifle - A sniper rifle firing powerful 8x35mm charged cartridges.
- E18 Designated Marksman Rifle - A designated marksman rifle that also fires the 8x35mm charged cartridge, the E18 is a semi-automatic middle ground between the fully automatic E15 and the longer-ranged but slower-firing E16.
- L20C Charge Light Machine Gun - A belt-fed LMG firing 8x35mm charged cartridges. Capable of area suppression.
- CGL1 Charged Grenade Launcher - The CGL1 fires 44x52mm charged grenades, which have a higher muzzle velocity, improved accuracy, longer range, and higher blast damage compared to conventional launcher grenades, but have a smaller blast radius and less fragmentation. 44x52mm grenades can be crafted with either high-explosive or EMP warheads.
- CAW5 Charged Assault Weapon - The CAW5 is a single-use, disposable launcher that fires a powerful high-explosive dual-purpose warhead with high accuracy and long range. It has a small blast radius and less fragmentation compared to conventional anti-tank weapons, but has extremely high direct blast damage that is capable of obliterating armored vehicles and punching straight through walls.
- P12 Charge Personal Defense Weapon - A lightweight and compact SMG firing miniaturized 6x18mm charge rounds. It is less powerful than the standard 6x24mm, but is a great backup weapon for support personnel.
- S8 Charge Pistol - A service pistol that fires 6x18mm charge rounds. Somewhat heavier than other sidearms, but packs a decent punch.
- M3 Rosethorn - Engravings may offer no tactical advantage, but think of the style! A lightweight combat knife that can only be crafted from plasteel.
- P17 Sentry Gun - A lightweight turret firing 6x18mm charge cartridges from a 60-round magazine, P17s do not require external power and thus can be moved around freely in order to support a defensive position or distract an enemy while retreating.
- L32 Machine Gun - L32s are mounted machine guns firing 8x35mm charge rounds. They are powerful, accurate, and capable of tearing apart incoming armored targets with the right ammunition.
- ACGL3 Automatic Grenade Launcher - A belt-fed 44x52mm charged grenade launcher, ACGL3s can wipe out entire enemy squads in the blink of an eye.
I mostly created this mod for my own use, but made it available on Workshop in case anyone else would be interested!
The vanilla statistics for Foxy's Armory were derived from Rimsenal - Enhanced Vanilla Pack
by rooki12k. The Combat Extended statistics for Foxy's Armory were derived from Combat Extended Guns
If you're interested, you can check out The Eccentric's Angels
comic series on Reddit!