This mod will be maintained and updated. It's not dead and won't be. It will be updated whenever I find time due to real life getting in the way. I have planned some updates this year for the mod, however I can't say when. One of those features is fixable wrecks - yes, you read that correct, you will be able to fix car wrecks into driveable cars.
The mod seems to work with build 41.51+ which altered loot tables (for now).
Common errors, etc:"This mod causes x error!"
- to solve potential problems with compatibility, I need log file. You can attach it in your reply if you believe mod is causing error. Do remember however: it doesn't have to be my mod, which is why it would be great if you helped me fix compatibility issues."Wrecks don't show up! / I can't see wrecks anywhere!"
- common issue. This mod does not add new areas where wrecks spawn but uses the ones that devs placed themselves. You also need to have "Car Wreck Congestion" enabled in sandbox settings. If you notice no wrecks - that's 99% the issue. If you see vanilla wrecked cars, or normal cars, that's almost certainly the issue. If you disabled wreck congestion, you'd need to start new game."Model is broken!"
- screenshot it and attach log, I am ready to fix it whenever possible"Only a shadow appears!"
- Unsub from the mod and resub again. No, seriously. It works.
Warnings:Mod will no longer work properly with build 40. Sorry, only IWBUMS from now on. Build 40 is legacy now. Please update to IWBUMS 41, mod will be compatible with any following builds starting from 41.
- Ability to tow wrecks! (Thanks to Aiteron)
- Adjusted container sizes (Thanks to Aiteron)
- Randomly flipped wrecks. There is 5% chance that wreck will spawn on it's roof! (Thanks to Aiteron)
- Other fixes and improvements
- Fixed console errors (Thanks to Aiteron)
- Readded missing classic burnt vehicles, but made them rare
- Compatibility update with new model loading system
Ever wanted to have the famous highway scene from The Walking Dead in Project Zomboid?
Ever wanted to see more chaos on the streets?
Did you hate the bland burnt car models that game offered that had no use other than to take up space?
Fear no more!
This adds replaces various crashed vehicles all over the map, replacing the ugly burnt ones. It improves game's visual fidelity, it makes wrecks actually usefull.
20 modelled crashed vehicle variants with their textures, working GUI and naming.
More chaos on the roads! (If you can call that a feature).
WORKS WITH EXISTING SAVES AND BUILD 41. IT WAS CREATED ON IWBUMS AND WILL WORK THERE AS WELL.
- When trying to 'install' Dashboard on wreck, it will throw one console error, but game will continue to function, so don't worry about your saves.
Modelling - Snek
LUA coding - Aiteron
Some of the coding and help - Filibuster Rhymes, Soul Filcher
Lua help - Nolan
Model loader (deprecated) - Fenris_Wolf
Workshop ID: 1539281445
Mod ID: CrashedCarsMod