This is a fork and continuation of jptrrs's Open the Windows
merged with the seamless texture edits
Creatively named simply Windows
, this mod just allows you to build the novel invention of a hole in the wall to allow some natural light and air in during the waking hours.
Changes in this fork
- Textures have been optimized to reduce memory use.
- Integration of the seamless edit + new seamless textures for the huge windows, which were missing before.
- Balance adjustment: All windows can now be made of any material walls can be made of, at a cost of 5 * tile (same as walls) + a fixed cost of steel for the window bits.
- Reinforced windows are made of plasteel instead of steel, locked behind a new technology, and they have been rebalanced to no longer be stronger than solid walls, but rather nearly as good as them.
- For users of RIMMSqol, the windows are grouped together into a drop down menu.
- Updated to respect v1.3's new mechanics regarding breaching.
- Real Fog of War: Some harmless errors are produced on a save and reload.
- Heat Map: Deconstructing a window while the heat map overlay is running will produce errors.
- Rimthreaded : Lighting issues. Under investigation...
- Just Glass
- Dubs Skylights
- Expanded Roofing
- Raise the Roof
- Nature is Beautiful
- Beautiful Outdoors
- Better Pawn Control
Recommended modsDub's Paint Shop
: Use this to perfectly color match the windows to your walls.
- jptrrs for the original mod and it kindly having an MIT open license to make this fork[github.com] possible.
- MangoThunder for the initial 1.3 update work.
- Yap for the seamless texture edits.